Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday night thoughts from North Perth cafe

I found a cool cafe in North Perth that offers free wireless, so I am here now blogging. I don't usually blog this much, but since I spent the past week recovering from a flu, and now I just cant be bothered going to the gym. I will start the gym again next Monday.

My fiancee messaged me today with a simple message "77 days". A constant reminder to my wedding date in October.

I'm still in a lost period at the moment. Thinking about where I want to live, what I want to do, etc. I am a university graduate and I have a good job. I am also commencing the path to getting professionally certified as a solution developer by Microsoft. But, man, life is full of so many choices. The desires of my heart are drawing me in a different direction. It's now that I need God's peace. I see two paths set before me - both are viable options: 1. Will I set my life to just buy a house, have children, play golf, play church, and then die? or 2. Will I set my heart on Jesus and live for Him in every decision, every thought, and every action? Will I follow where he leads even though I don't know where we're going? Will I put my own desires to death and seek the will of God? It is no loss to seek and live God's will. I heard a quote recently: "Man is no fool to give up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

This Saturday I am going to a meeting to listen to a Chinese business man speak about mission work in China for professionals. Although I have no real desire to go to China for missions (my heart is in Indonesia), I'm hoping to get alot out of it.

No comments: