Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Make Poverty Personal - The Bible's call to END oppression

I will begin posting on a book that I am reading called "Make Poverty Personal" written by Ash Barker. I will begin by writing part of the blurb from the back of the book as a brief introduction.

There is an immediacy about the summoning God of the Bible. The call of that God draws us, without big words or abstract thought, down and dirty into the economic reality where the truth of God's kingdom is at stake. That immediacy in God's call is replicated in this powerful, compelling study by Ashley Barker. The book makes clear that the author has been seized by the near-to-hand crisis of poverty as a life-or-death issue for the world and consequently a life-or-death issue for the church.
I will post a brief overview of each chapter as I complete it.

No comments: