Thursday, June 09, 2005

Work Prank

Okay, so it is my 8th day at my new job. My bosses have gone to Jakarta for the week and I am left alone the other new guy. I had completed all of my tasks and was wondering what I could do to fill the time... "I know" I said to myself, "I will pull a prank on Jeff." Jeff is my workmate from Hong Kong. He is not used to my sense of humour yet.

Here is the story. On our first day last week we ordered some stationary. 8 days later the stationary has not arrived. I asked the woman who orders the stationary to help me play a joke on Jeff. After our conspiring she sent Jeff an email similiar to this:

Jeff,

Daniel told me that you are getting impatient and want your stationary
immediately. I am quite busy and I do not appreciate the pressure. I will order
it when I am ready.

As you can imagine, this is not the kind of thing that you want to hear on your 8th day of work. Especially when you were not impatient for the stationary. He immediately stood up and said very loudly "I did not say that. Daniel is making it up!", where my accomplise responded very loudly with "I dont have time for this ****. I am busy ALRIGHT!". He then dobbed on me and my accomplise via msn to our boss in Indonesia. I thought I was rather funny & I was laughing quite loudly at this stage.

As I left work I could tell that he was already plotting his revenge. I wonder what he will come up with.

No comments: