Thursday, June 09, 2005

Articulate

I would like to be able to speak clearly and confidently about any topic. Regardless of how much I actually know. One technique that I have started using is to write down my thoughts clearly. I took this principle from Habakkuk 2:2 which says:

"...Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads
it."


For instance, one of my favourite topics of discussion is 20th century Chinese history. But the fact is, I don't actually know very much about the topic. So when I have 5 minutes free at work, I think of something that I have just learnt and I will write it down succinctly and clearly (no more than 1 or 2 paragraphs), including the facts that I'm aware of. I've found this very helpful and I am able to communicate it much clearer.

No comments: