Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday arvo thoughts...

Its Friday afternoon. I'm in the office working on a project (converting a web-based oracle system into a desktop client/server app). Well, I've done as much as I can for the moment. So now I will give an update of what has been happening over the past week...

I am enjoying having my Indonesian colleagues in the office over the past 2 weeks. They will be here for another week. They are all in there 30's, and are also Muslim. I like to talk to them and gain their perspective on Australian culture as well as discuss some of my own ideas about Indonesian politics and society. They bring a good atmosphere to this office. They always like to talk and laugh. They are good workers. I'm looking forward to visiting them in their office in Jakarta.

I bought some business shirts from Myers a couple of weeks ago and I am very dissappointed. They were on sale. the quality was extremely poor. loose cuffs, poor polyester/cotton mix, thick material etc... I told myself that I will only by quality from now on... that is, until I went to a little Boutique on Hay St and saw the price of quality... $250 for business shirts, $100 for ties, $139 for a scarf. Gak... they have gotta be kidding. I think I will wait until I go to Indo.

Rabu malam... I spoke about fruits of the Spirit at home group, concentrating on the gift of goodness. The main thing that I wanted to communicate was the difference between the works of goodness that any human being is capable of doing, and the gift of goodness which is given by God and by God alone. There is always a feeling of unworthiness whenever I speak to a group about the things of God. But I know that by faith... I AM IN RIGHT STANDING WITH GOD. All grace abounds toward me.

Kemarin malam... I saw Mr & Mrs Smith. I think it is good. I have heard mixed reports, but I enjoyed it.

Malam ini... nothing planned.

Besok malam... Young adults progressive dinner... Main course will be at my house. There should be about 25 people. I'm looking forward to it.

Minggu pagi dan Minggu malam... GEREJA... Yay!!!

GBU all :)

No comments: