Wednesday, November 09, 2005

More violence in Poso, Armed men shoot two female students in the head.

It is just over a week since three female Christian students in Poso were decapitated. Now, two more have been shot in the head in the same area.

I am lost for words when I read of such brutality being perpetrated against innocent children. I can only look to my God and believe that He will bring justice. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.” (Romans 12:19) and “But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” (Luke 6:27-28).

How can I love and pray for people who just want to kill and destroy. My flesh tells me that it is justice to repay them with the same punishment. But the bible contradicts everything that I think and feel. The measure of Gods love for us is beyond comprehension. Forgive us God when we act as the world acts. Teach your children to put there faith entirely in you. You seek the salvation of ALL mankind. Who are we to take revenge? As you forgave us, so help us to forgive others.

No comments: