Tuesday, November 22, 2005

di Jakarta

I love Jakarta. Wow... what an amazing city. I don't have enough time to write about what I am doing and what I have seen. Here it is in short...
  • eating... very good food (the joke is now I know why indonesians never do any work, rarara)
  • shopping (i just spent AUD70 and got authentic Gucci belt, Ralph Lauren shirt, and 3 other casual and business shirts all authentic brands)
  • I went to the largest Mosque in Indonesia and then across the road to the largest Cathedral
  • Went to the tallest building in Jakarta to eat on the 46th floor
  • work is great. I love working with orang-orang indonesia
  • the traffic is crazy... but i feel somewhat safe in it
  • the people here are soooo friendly... they always want u to feel comfortable
  • tomorrow i think i am going to bar/club
  • people smoke everywhere here
  • entire families ride on one motorbike
  • people have a unique ability to ignore every traffic light and there is no 'right of way'
  • there are street vendors on every single street
  • the pollution is bad, but i think i prefer that over the flys in perth (hmmm thats a tough one)
  • imagine the population of australia squeezed into one city. traffic never stops. people are always out. restaurants, cafes always full. shops open until 10pm every night (2am on Friday) and contrast that with the fact that the majority of this city live in poverty.
  • I love the Indonesians and this city is awesome. I wonder if I can ex-pat here.

No comments: