Thursday, January 03, 2008

Web 2.0 and Digital Cameras

I have been lazy adopting the latest Web 2.0 technologies. This is not a good habit to develop since I work in Technology Consulting. So, in the last week I made up for my indescretion. I now have:
  • Facebook (signed up 3 months ago)
  • Del.icio.us (I'm still unsure if I made the right decision, perhaps I should have chosen DIGG)
  • YouTube profile
At the moment I'm only using Facebook for work colleagues and friends. I'm not sure yet if I want to start adding my favourite authors and bloggers (e.g., Brian McLaren). Some of my mates have over 400 contacts in their list. I don't want to go to that extreme.

I also lost my digital camera on Christmas Eve. We are currently looking for a new one. I'm tempted to purchase a DSLR (in particular Canon ES 40D), but they're too expensive and I can't justify the cost since I'm not a pro. So, we might settle once more for a compact Digital, probaly Canon IXUS 960 IS. It's still a bit $$$ but hopefully it will give me piece of mind on our holidays, and we do use our camera alot (everyday a photo of something will be taken).

We considered getting a bridging camera (in between a compact and a DSLR, e.g., Canon S5Is) but the only plus I can see is the 12x zoom. My bias is toward size rather than zoom. Anyway, we'll hopefully decide before the City wide sales have ended.

No comments: