Saturday, January 19, 2008

A bit of a break... a bit of fiction

After reading such an intense book on social justice and the Kingdom of God (Everything Must Change: Jesus, Global Crises, and a Revolution of Hope - by Brian D. McLaren) I think that it's time for a step back to collect my thoughts and decide my next actions. I'll be doing this while reading a couple of fiction novels. I've chosen two novels from highly acclaimed author Khaled Hosseini. My wife will read The Kite Runner while I read A Thousand Splendid Suns. We'll then swap. Both books have received exceptional reviews and I'm looking forward to losing myself in the stories told. I'm hoping that I may also gain a bit of an education experience as both stories are about life in pre and post-Taliban Afghanistan.

1 comment:

dewa said...

Kite Runner is good, but 1KSS is not that good.