Friday, January 06, 2006

In Jakarta next week

I’m off to Indonesia tomorrow morning. I will stay in Jakarta for one week.

On my agenda is…

  • Receive training for K2.NET. This is a technology that will totally change the workflows and enhance the business processes of my company. As a System Analyst, it will be my job to implement the K2.Net workflows.
  • Go to church with my fiancés parents on Sunday morning and then spend some time with them.
  • Tuesday is a public holiday in Indonesia. It is a Muslim holiday in which alms are given to the poor. On this day cows and goats are slaughtered at the local mosques. I have been told to prepare to see animals packing the mosques for slaughter. The meat is then distributed to the poor. I asked why isn’t cash money given to the poor. The reply was that corruption is prevalent in Indonesia and the money will not go to where it is really needed.
  • Every night the guys from work will want to take us out. I’m not that keen on clubbing but I’ll eat with them.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up of what I’ll be doing. I will not be blogging but I will attempt to check my emails while I am gone. I will not be in the office but in another training venue most of the time so I don’t know what internet access will be like. I will post when I return.

No comments: