Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Some things that I am thinking about lately

First thought… I love Jakarta and would like to move to Jakarta. I’m hoping that God opens a door for that soon.

Second thought… I would like to start my own business. The industry has many establishments already, but none quite like what I am thinking of. It is an amalgamation of two things that I saw in
Jakarta. Moving to Jakarta would help me to learn more about it and to raise the finances to start here.

Third thought… As a Christian, how can I seek out to live a comfortable life at the expense of my moral conscience. I worship in a “religion” whose symbol is the Cross. Anyone who claims Christianity must take a serious moral inventory… are we following Christ. Jesus said that anyone who comes after me must pick up their cross and follow me. Jesus also said that anyone who lives for righteousness WILL face persecution. Comfort isn’t the result of a Christian life, Character is. The cross is a symbol of pain and freedom. We follow Christ. He did not avoid the cross. He embraced it.

Oh
Jakarta was good by the way. I don’t want to post anything about it because I do not feel that I can do it justice. It is such a large and vibrant place. It is full of contrast.

No comments: