Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The whole world is in His hands

My view of God is that He is strong to deliver and mighty to save. But I don’t always trust in that. I take my eyes away from God and focus on current circumstance too often. These are some scriptures that I need to learn…

When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isaiah 43:2)

My God has the whole world in His hands. He has known my name and my life. He has known me in the evil I have done and in the good. In spite of this He still calls be blesses and loved. His promise for me is that He will always be with me. He will keep me.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)

Whether I am in Australia serving God in my office, or in the jungles of the Philippines, It is God’s will that I fear no evil. He is with me here as He would be with me there. The same God, the same promise.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you;
he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8)

God’s will is that I walk confidently and boldly in all situations, knowing that He (the one who holds all power) goes before me and goes with me. I’m a servant and child of the King. An ambassador of heaven.

This is what the LORD says—
he who made a way through the sea,
a path through the mighty waters,
"Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland. (Isaiah 43:16,18,19)

Though I make mistakes every day, say and do wrong things, God redeems me. His forgiveness is for today. Christs sacrifice was sufficient. He wants me to come to Him daily to confess and repent (turn away from) my sins. God’s future for me is bigger than my past. When I look at situations that I see as being too tough, or that I am insufficient to succeed, God makes the way.

No comments: