Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thought from Level 13

I'm in the office now looking from my 13th floor office window. The freeway is full of drivers going home to their family. I have a deadline for a report that is due tomorrow at 8am. I don't know how long I'll be here.

Like all of you I'm deeply saddened by the senseless killings that have occured at Virginia Tech. So much promise now lost. So many unfufilled dreams and shattered families. Such a loss.

May God comfort the mourning hearts of every family member and friend left behind.

An observation though, if I may. This incident has shown me something. We own the media. The messages we communicate are more powerful than the messages we see on 6pm news. Our cell phone cameras, our blogs, our myspaces and facebooks - this is the new age of media. The cell phone footage from V-Tech that captured the gun-shots going off in the background has to be one of the eariest things I've every seen. Then there are the victims myspace blogs. Family members posting messages of "I hope you're okay" only to be shortly realised that they were not okay. Now these blogs stand as a vivid portrait of heartbreak and loss.

May God bless you and your families always.

Our God is mighty to save.

Daniel.

No comments: