Thursday, March 22, 2007

March Update

So this is an update… it’s about time!

I’ll start by saying “I’m exhausted!”. I have begun my new career as a consultant for one of the largest professional services firms in the world, and I could not have prepared myself for the challenge. I have been ripped from my comfort zone and put in a role that is extremely dynamic.

But I love it! For those who know me, I am passionate about business. I’m especially passionate about business in Asia Pacific. I’m now in a role and company that can increase my exposure in this area.

Most of you know that I’m in love with Indonesia, and I’ve been keen on doing business in that country. However, after a number of recent local issues (especially the floods that affected Jakarta in February), I have had to think again. Indonesian needs to work on developing it’s infrastructure before they can be really competitive in the world market (maaf teman2, tapi sekalian tahu ini benar). So, I’m hoping that I can migrate to Hong Kong or Singapore to gain the exposure that I want (especially focusing on Human Capital and Supply-Chain strategy).

I do have to make one thing clear. My interest in business is not for self gain. I believe in the mandate that followers of Christ have to be Ambassadors of God. Business has the potential to remove nations from abject poverty and increase the quality of life for millions who are currently living like animals. The church is not an entity that exists for and of it self. It is people like me and you who believe in Christ and will live for Him in our daily roles. For me, that role is business.

Anyway friends, Carpe Diem!

No comments: