Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wedding Countdown

It is 10 days to go until I am on a plane to Bali. 14 days until I marry my beautiful fiancée. We have been together since April 2001 (with a short break in between). I can’t believe how fast the day is coming. All sorts of emotions are being felt – but I’m confident that what we are stepping into has the blessing of God.

Our itinerary
October 15 – arrive in Bali
October 15 – finalise paperwork at the consulate
October 16 – finalise band and entertainment details
October 17 – final inspection of the wedding and reception venue. Meeting with the minister who will conduct the ceremony. Cocktail party for all wedding guests.
October 18 – chill out. Spend the day with my family and friends.
October 19 – Marriage!!!
October 20 to 22 – Honeymoon in Seminyak(3 nights)
October 23 to 24 – Honeymoon in Kuta(2 nights)
October 25 to 30 – Honeymoon in Jakarta (6 nights)
October 30 – Return to Perth
November 6 – Return to work

Okay, Jakarta may not seem like the ideal honeymoon location but it will be quieter than usual as most Jakartans celebrate Idul Fitri. There will be plenty of space to shop. We will have family and friends in Jakarta who we can catch up with. It should be great. I’m also hoping to take a trip to Bandung.

So, all of your prayers would be much appreciated as we celebrate this time. Here are some prayer points:

  • Pray for the safety and protection of every guest, family member, and Gayle & myself
  • Pray for the smooth transitions between hotels and airports – There are a lot of people to be concerned about, and I don’t want this to become a logistical nightmare.
  • Pray for the Spirit of Christ to be present with Gayle and myself as we enter this new chapter of our lives together.

Thank you all, and may you be joyful as you know that God is always present with you.

No comments: