Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Insomnia

Last night I had Insomnia. It's something that I've had on and off over the past seven years. It first started in my first year of university. I would lay in bed restless for hours before managing two or three hours of sleep.

I grew out of that.

It has since returned. It comes when I am anxious, and I am anxious a lot lately. Last night I slept at 11pm, woke at 1am, and didn't fall to sleep again until 5am, finally waking for work at 7am.

So what to do at 1am on a week night? This isn't a huge city. We don't have all night cafe's (however, I'm sure that will not be the wisest move considering the goal is to fall asleep). So, I found my answer in Youtube. Youtube provided me with 15 live songs from Gipsy Kings, and a Japanese foot massage. Again, not the wisest move. Rumba Flamenco guitar does not put oneself to sleep.

So, here I am. A client to service, no sleep, and Volare running through my mind.

1 comment:

rhama said...

nice blog