Thursday, August 09, 2007

On music...

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you fell okay"

I've always liked music. During my early years in college, I wouldn't leave the house without listening to some good music. A good song would set the tone of my day. Without it, I found that my day lacked rhythm. I still like music a lot, although I am not reliant on it to set the tone of my day any longer. I no longer listen to a lot of the songs that once got me going, and my musical taste is maturing. Here's my current list of favorite albums.

  • Cinta Silver (Glen Fredly)
  • The Emancipation of Mimi (Mariah)
  • Ultimate (Aaliyah)
  • Aku & Wanita (Glen Fredly)
  • Monkey Business (Black Eyed Peas)
What makes a good album to me? It's one that I can listen to from start to end and appreciate every song on it. My favorite song list is much to long for this blog, but I'll say that my top 3 songs are:
  • L.O.V.E (Glen Fredly)
  • Aku Cinta Padamu (Glen Fredly)
  • Pengakuan Lelaki (Glen Fredly)
But then I have hymns that will last forever, and I cannot categorise... they are beautiful and will last through all seasons. They are:
  • I need thee every hour
  • Let us love and sing and wonder
  • It is well with my soul

No comments: