Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Why this blog?

There is a strong desire in my heart to give my all to Christ. I believe that he asks nothing less of me, but to sacrifice all to live out the dream of God, and to be His body on earth. I do not hide from the fact that what we are called to is not easy. There will be times of joy and times of pain. I do not acknowledge a half-gospel that preaches the materialistic comfort for Western society. I acknowledge a full gospel, whereby I am called to be a disciple. I am on a journey to follow Jesus. I want to say sincerely in my heart “for me to live is Christ” but I am afraid. I am afraid of what I will lose, and I cannot yet see clearly what I will gain. But this path cannot be followed based on what I will gain, but must be followed out of love. Love to live as the creator intends. Love to serve my brothers and sisters – all of God’s children. Love to see culture transformed into the fulfilled dream of God. Love to see creation come into holistic community. Love to see oppression and injustice cease. And love to see all people come into relationship with their creator.

I will use this blog to share some of this journey with you. I’ll also post meanderings, book extracts, poetry, news commentary, and general life/culture stuff.

No comments: